If you are seeking pro bono legal assistance, please review the General Information and Eligibility Criteria:
General Information about St. Michael’s and legal services provided:
- A not for profit, 501(c)(3) pro bono legal services organization.
- Governed by the canons of the Florida Bar and the Catholic Church
- Does not discriminate based on religion, race, color, gender, or national origin
- Serving 8 Counties: Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando, Citrus, Polk, Manatee and Sarasota.
- No cases involving parties or matters in other counties or states
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Dissolution of Marriage* and Paternity
- Time-sharing, Parenting Plans, Child Support
- Post-judgment Family Law cases
- Modification to Final Judgment etc.
- Foreclosure defense (when related with a domestic relations case)
- Family-related cases (limited)
*Must have letter of referral from clergy or counseling professional stating that marriage is irretrievably broken.
Eligibility Criteria for St. Michael’s pro bono legal services is based on:
- Financial Need
- Income and Assets not to exceed 175%, with consideration up to 225% pending on size of the family, over the annual U.S. Federal poverty guidelines.
- Income includes: basic salary and any additional compensation in the form of money such as bonuses as well as other income such as pensions, Social Security (SSI and SSD), alimony, child support, and income from rental property. Assets include checking/saving accounts, trust funds, stocks/bonds, automobiles, second homes, boats and motorcycles.
- Type of Case/Issue Handled by St. Michael’s
- Family law or family-related
- Cannot consume the limited pro bono resources with complex or cases/issues that have lengthy court history.
- Time necessary to conclude case
Please call the St. Michael’s Legal Center office at 813-289-5385 and leave a message. If the case has been filed, please provide the county and case number. If the matter has not been filed, please BRIEFLY describe the issue. Calls are normally returned within a week to ten days.
Do NOT send an email requesting assistance. Your email will not receive a reply.